Friday, August 1, 2014

Present Tense

This is not a moment of flashback but of present day.

I had a moment today, thinking, pondering.. Realizing that there are certain promises and blessings that come from covenants I have made. I don't know why, but it's so hard for me to admit that the one thing I want in the world is really to get married and have a family Maybe it's because it's the one thing I can't acquire on my own.. I am returning to school this fall. Why? Because I have nothing else to do. I mean, this is a subject that I love, that if I am going to have a career, this is what I would want. So until I get what I really want, I can pursue plan B.

I went to the temple today and while this is ultimately a place of happiness and peace.. I ran into my brothers ex-mother-in-law. This would be totally different if it was my brothers ex-wife.. I knew her better. She had actually been part of my family. In name only, I guess.
But I came up to this woman. She asked for my last name. I told her. She hesitated only for a second.
"I'm Derek's little sister," I said.
"Yes, I thought you looked familiar."

Not gonna lie, it was slightly awkward. I have never done anything to her. She has never done anything to me.. but her daughter hurt my brother. That was enough to make things weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment