Thursday, August 7, 2014

Today was a Scott-oriented day.

I was talking to Christine and she informed me that, while she had been in more relationships than I have, but I have had "comparable experiences being intimate (I hate using that word)- like physically." The explanation behind that particular story will come later... But she also informed me that because I was so close to "the guys," having deep talks, personal disclosure, comfort level... That we were pretty close. 

And then she informed me that I had found my perfect man between the four of my guys. 

"Scott for good looks, flirting and charm. 

German for friendship, companionship, fun talks and personal feedback. 

Chris for general horseplay. 

Josh for good quality good-guy-ness and sincerity. 

You put all those together, it's pretty much the perfect man."

I'm alarmed to say that she might be right. I tell Christine everything. Mostly. 97% . So I definitely trust her judgement in all things. So.. There it is. Reason number 5 as to why I am perpetually single. 

AND THEN! So I was up till 3 this morning and so I felt pretty crappy toward 2 pm. I crashed out at 3 for a chunk of time. I had the weirdest dream and the last part of the dream was all Scott. 

He called, telling me that they really needed this contraption for the fhe activity that was happening now. Could I please go to the post office next door to me and ship it to them. (Apparently there is immediate delivery.) mind I was ten minutes away. No one could come get it themselves. I told him again and again that this was a horrible plan. It would be outrageously expensive. And that the big white van that had been stolen from me had been returned and I could bring it to the activity. And that the woman who had stolen had also bought a solid gold vase with my credit card. 
The dream ends with me dropping my phone and his voice saying my name again and again. The voice was spot on, right on to that timbre of his voice. 

I woke up in a daze. Thought it was so so weird. And in that daze I started to text him to tell him of this dream. I looked at it and thought "too many words!" And proceeded to call him, hoping that he wouldn't pick up so I could leave a long message which I love doing.. But also hoping that he would so we could laugh about my ridiculousness. 

He didn't pick up. I left a message. It cut me off, it was so long. But it gave me an option to either keep it or rerecord. I couldn't remember which button to push. I opted to rerecord. So not only did I tell this story, but I did it twice. 

Definitely word vomited all over him. But I used to do that all the time. It's like a parting gift. 

His response "I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing, but it sounds pretty darn fantastic. I really need that ice cream maker. So, if you could get on that..." 

And then I got this picture from Julia on snapchat: 
I didn't know who it was at first.. I asked who the father was. 
My reaction... 
shock and amusement.. 
Yea.. Downward spiral. 

Didn't help that I proceeded to text him later some nonsense. 
Colleen couldn't get his last name. She was so amused. And then decided that he belonged in a dickens novel. 

Downward spiral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment