Friday, April 1, 2016

It is weird to have guy friends that are married...

Obviously this is different with people like... Julia and Brian. I'm friends with Brian, but more friends with Julia.

But I went to my best friends play tonight. It was awesome. It's not strange that I would go and support my friend, it's not strange that I would bring him pie... but it suddenly felt weird when I was chatting with his dad and his in-laws walked up. Suddenly I feel like the dynamic changes with my friend because we just have an odd brother-sister friendship. He is standing there talking to everyone, bouncing his shoulder off of mine, while I punch him in the arm every time he hops bounds off. People generally associate me as friends with his sister. Which I am. She was first. His dad introduced me as such.. So it seemed weird that I was there for him. It's just a weird dynamic when there are new people around that don't understand. It is kind of like when he got set apart to be a missionary... He is a very huggy person, and then suddenly we were orbiting around rooms to avoid each other. That's what his marriage feels like. I'm probably reading into this.

At the end of the day, I need to become better friends with his wife. I think I would feel better about it if we were friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment